Girl In a Tree

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT



Striped Turtleneck (Zara) | Flared Corduroy Pants (Joe Fresh) | Ankle Boots (Zara)
- What's up?
New year, new me? Sure sure. Whatever saying works for the sake of celebrating the end of yet another age, another term, and another time. The only things I wanted to achieve over 2014 was to diminish my habits of cracking my knuckles...and to get into my dream university. With not one, but both goals established, I think now anything is possible in the new year. Just kidding; I still can't even remember where I put my pencil sometimes after class. Alas, 2015 has descended upon me no sooner than later and not much has inspired me so far to make a list of things I want to continue to be successful in. I mean school's a given, but everything else is still the same. Call me boring, but I've always strived for the same things each year and now and then unfamiliar goals would surface, doubling my list yet once again. I find it more fun to just go-with-the-flow and just do my best in whatever I want to do; rather than emphasizing too much on one little point that I may or may not attain towards the future. I always have such high expectations of things and that is one of the ultimate downfall of my personality. I always like to keep things simple until my brain decides to ramble on for hours about everything and anything. I guess 2015 will be the year for me to de-stress myself and take things as it comes. I also want to take more pictures again and get fit and pass all my courses with pride, is that too much to ask for?! As I counted down with the citizens of New York on television, glass in one hand and cell phone in the other, I told my friends I loved them and that whatever you want in life, you can get. Then we toasted to another sweet Thursday night as we watched millions of faces light up the night miles and miles away from where we were.

-

Pants game getting a little weak? Why not try something new. I was notorious back in high school for bringing back the once-loved flared jeans. Unlike skinny jeans, this pair always compliment my legs in a lovely and careless way. Add a pair of heeled booties and voila! Illusion of long legs accomplished. This silhouette is definitely not new thanks to the women of the 70's, but I love wearing it when I feel like dressing up. Any who, time to brush away all tangles, get my head out of the sand, and look forward to the summertime.








Photography by Priya Bhatti.


yours until the next stop,
marissa


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Nowear, Nohow . Design by Fearne.