A Complete Unknown

LIKE A ROLLING STONE





Jacket (F21) | Navy Pants (Zara) | Grey Sweater (Armani Exchange) | Socks (Topshop) | White Button-Down (H&M) | Hat (Thrifted)
- What's up?
Several weeks ago, I was nominated by one of my friends Julia Lam of UBC Jules for the Liebster Award - an award given out to eleven bloggers that the original nominee finds inspiring or cute or just plain cool. The requirements include listing eleven facts about yourself (which you can find here + one more fact - I love winter days and summer nights) and answering eleven questions from the blogger that nominated you. Unfortunately, I don't really know eleven more bloggers to nominate. But if you would like to be nominated, feel free to contact me at my email! Without further ado, let's commence. 

1. What's the best book you've ever read and why? 
  • I feel like I haven't read enough books to determine the 'best of the best', but some of my favourites include A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, and any book by Haruki Murakami. I'm pretty selective in terms of literature, hence I enjoy these books because they were different from other books I've seen on the book shelves. 
2. Best piece of advice you've ever received? 
  • "Everything worth doing is hard! Do it for the dream."
3.  If you could be fluent in any other language other than a language you already speak, what would it be and why? 
  • French! Because it's a sexy and fun language to learn and utilize when I visit Paris.
4. What did you want to be when you were younger and how has that changed from then to now?
  • When I was younger, I wanted to work at a magazine (i.e. Vogue) as a journalist or a stylist for their company. Unfortunately, my parents didn't see this to be a realistic future for me so that idea was scratched (but I'm still considering it for the future). I also wanted to work at NASA, but found out I was horrible at Physics.
5. What kind of phone do you use? Do you feel as if you’re particularly loyal to that brand/operating system? Or would you switch on a whim?
  • I'm currently using an iPhone 5 after a few years of using an Android. For now, I've been quite dedicated to it so I don't think I'm in favour of switching to anything else. 
6. What are five songs you’re currently jamming out to?
7. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
  • I guess it depends on the magnitude of 'first time'. If it's something like sleeping over at someone's residence for the first time, then yes, I have many of those 'first times'. In terms of a more larger scale, I haven't had a 'first time' since the summer. 
8. What’s the coolest/best/most thoughtful gift you’ve ever received?
  • Truth is, I'm cheap when it comes to gifts and so are my friends. I leave it to my parents to give me these thoughtful gifts during Christmas or on my birthday because they always know in advance what I'm just DYING to have. Thank you mom and dad, if you're reading.
9. Who are some of your major influences? Good or bad.
  • I think there way too many TV shows, movies, books, people, places to mention that have somehow managed to influence me in all sorts of way - good or bad. Including myself, especially when I choose between a flurry of rebellious acts to keep me alive. 
10. Why did you start blogging? Why did you choose the website you use, the content you blog about?
  • I started blogging because I felt like I had a different outlook on style and life that I wanted to share with the community or even the world. In short, I really wanted a way to track down my years as they progress and to watch myself evolve as a person through my clothes and the posts I blog about. I chose Blogspot because it was what all of my favourite fashion bloggers used; plus it was classic and the format is really easy to use. As for the content, it's simply what I would showcase on a fashion blog if I ever had one. I think just writing about style and fashion is boring, hence I like talking about other things other than clothes that contribute to myself as an individual. 
11. Ignoring costs, if you could get up and move to a new city tomorrow, where would you choose and why?
  • London calling! Over the summer, I've got the utmost pleasure to visit Europe with my family and London has simply captured my heart. It was so modern and chic in terms of its culture. Not only was the shopping extravagant, but so were all of the historical sites I've laid my eyes on such as the Big Ben or the museums. I'm coming for you soon; give me a few more years.

Photography by Priya Bhatti.

QUICK NOTE:
My last midterm is this Thursday and I could not be any happier. I went to watch Interstellar with my boyfriend on Saturday and it was similar to the other movie Gravity with the addition of the more heavier side of physics and philosophy to set the tone. But I mean, who doesn't want to see Matthew McConaughey on the big screens? Alas, here's a little song to get you up-to-no-good.


yours until the blink of an eye,
marissa

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Nowear, Nohow . Design by Fearne.